8.18.2016

Scholarship application - Question 3

Studying in the UK Question

Outline why you have selected your chosen three university courses, and explain how this relates to your previous academic or professional experience and your plans for the future.
*Please do not duplicate the information you have entered on the work experience and education section of this form (minimum word count: 50 words, maximum word count: 500 words)

<<< MY ANSWER >>>

I have been working with finance and business administration in leadership positions for the last fifteen years in large companies of Brazil. Even with my degree and my postgraduate studies, I feel that I need to have a different approach to world business. Even reading the news about business all over the world every day, I fell that I need a different experience to improve my knowledge, my career. I feel that improving my knowledge, I will be able to help my country and its society more than I am helping right now.
When I start to look for the courses, the first thing that I thought was how the courses would complete me and how I could apply everything that I will learn. How I would apply this knowledge in the companies in my country, helping them to achieve a better position of management.
I choose to study in the courses of Leadership and Strategy at London Business School, Management and Strategy at London school of Economics and Political Science, Economics and Strategy for Business at Imperial College London because they were the courses which best fits with my aims.
What I can identify right now is that our country has a lack of good strategic leaders that can drive changes at the companies, anticipating the market variations and be prepared to act with the best management tools.
We, in Brazil, are losing a lot of global opportunities because we don't have advanced professionals running strategic plans in the companies.
We, in Brazil, are facing an economic crisis. We are facing the impeachment of our President. News about corruption is printed in the newspapers every day. It will take a long time until we retake our past economic levels and a lot of work has to be done to achieve this goal. We have to build all over again.
This work has to be done by people, by great professionals in all areas, by leaders that can manage this process. I want to be part of this crew because I believe in people and I believe in my country and most importantly I believe that after my studies abroad I will be a better professional, more complete, with new ideas and point of views. I am sure that studying one of the courses which I choose, I will be a better gear in this transformation engine.

See you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment