3.15.2018

Who is she?


It was in 2006 when a first met her. I was working for a company as a finance manager and my assistant resigned. The firm started a selective process for the position and one of the candidates was her.

My first thought about her was that she would be too young for the position. I needed someone well organized, disciplined and responsible. In the interview, I couldn't see any of these characteristics. She could be a headache for me.

However, the company's owner selected her. I told him that maybe this could be a mistake but he asked me the be a little patient and to coach her.

I had a pleasant surprise when she began to work. She was intelligent with a fast pace of learning new things and better, she was extremely responsible. All that I had to do was ask her for some work and a few minutes later it had been done. When she had some doubt about something, she was always open to learning and listening.

One of the things that I took from this experience was to never judge someone just by their age or lack of experience or something that could indicate some kind of prejudice.

I learned that our first thought must be always to believe in people, and bet that if we provide a little push, they can do whatever they wish.

PS: Who is she?

No comments:

Post a Comment