5.20.2017

Great Expectations - Charles Dickens - Chapter six

Basically, chapter 6 is a narrative about Pip's regrets. He has a strong and lovely bond with Joe. 
"...I loved Joe - perhaps for no better reason in those early days than because the dear fellow let me love him..." 
Pip is broken for not be capable to tell Joe, the truth about what had happened in the pantry.
What keeps Pip from telling the truth is the fear of losing Joe's confidence.

"I ought to tell Joe the whole truth. Yet I did not, and for the reason that I mistrusted that if I did, he would think me worse than I was. The fear of losing Joe’s confidence,and of thenceforth sitting in the chimney-corner at night staring drearily at my for ever lost companion and friend, tied up my tongue"

See you on Chapter seven.

No comments:

Post a Comment